Saturday, September 15, 2007

The Problem with Perfectionism

The problem with my knitting life is that if I'm using good yarn and knitting for someone I really like (like, say, my Mom), then I want everything to be perfect.

This would explain why yesterday I frogged part of the sweater I had well underway that is being knitted for my mother, and started all over, all the while hoping desperately that I'm going to have enough yarn to do both the body, with a very nice cable pattern from Viking Patterns for Knitting and at the very least put some sort of finishing on cap sleeves.

Because the only thing I hate more than, say, making my mother an inferior sweater is sewing, I am making it using the custom raglan pattern at SpinCraft. This makes the whole yarn question slightly problematic. Also problematic is the fact that I'm using Fleece Artists Blue Face Aran in Rose Garden, and I bought it back in the spring from the LYS, except that they don't carry a whole heck of a lot of Fleece Artists (which makes me want to scream) and the odds of me getting more of the stuff are slim to none.

So here's hoping.

No comments: